Thursday, April 23, 2009

thursday

I got to go to a new migrant site today, with this group from Canada, under the leadership of Randy and Sandy Huebert, our dear canadians missionaries, they have a heart for this site, and I had the privildge to go as a translator.

I had seen it, passed by it, I had heard about it, but had never gone.

I'm still in shock. this is a site 10 min from our Village of Hope, of about 50 people, and there is so much need! they are very secluded very few of them speak spanish so we used a translator.

I'm in contact with poverty every day, I'm used to seeing dirty kids, but it always shocks me, and I think it will never stop to shock me.

They live in terrible conditions, it makes me think the kids form our village are blessed! I dont know what stuck more in my head and heart whether the fact that I got to bathe one of the kids, and I got to see all of his scars, and injuries from walking barefeet, seeing bigs bellies due to either malnutritious or parasites or whether the fact that this people dont know who Jesus is, or doesnt seem to know very well. I dont know.

it breaks my heart to see such suffering.

I guess I really saw it when I bathe this boy, the fact that he was only pouring water on him and that was "showering", I started washing him and we didnt have shampoo, nor soap to clean him, I grabbed one of the cloths the that team thankfully had brought to make a bunny craft, and I started washing him, saw his feet full of blisters, full of cuts, and scars that seemed were caused by a nail in both feet. his eyes were, how can I explain them, so pure, but there was something else to, that when I started washing him he stood still. Once we were done, I asked where's your towel?, how foolish of me, he looked at me like what? so we waited there for a long time for his mom to come and get him clothes, I so wished I had him in my house with hot water, nice shampoo and soft towel to wrap him up. but I wasn't. His mom came with a dirty (but clean for them) pair of jeans, and a big t-shirt. no underwear, no socks, no shoes. and this is how they live and how they shower every day.

This people are hungry, specially now with the lack of jobs, they are starving. I know this goes to people nearer our village too. All of them need so much! if you think you're struggling, you dont know, you still have a computer to look at while reading this, probably a couch or a nice comfortable seat also. This people have a piece of plywood and two blankets as a bed for 5.

I know we all have different ways of suffering and I'm not minimizing yours, Im not trying to make you feel guilty for what you have either. Im just asking you to appreciate what you do have. Praise God for it and pray for those that dont have it.

Please pray for these kids. these moms, these dads, and these families who need to know that God is there and wants to help them!

Maybe He can use you and me for that. Think about it.

No comments: