Monday, May 4, 2009

Dia Del NiÑo!!!

We celebrated Dia del nino (kid's day) this sunday at the village.
We thought it was only gonna be very small but around 400 people showed up! it was great!








we had jumping castles, volleyball, songs, Pinatas, cake, lots and lots of candy, etc...
the kids were loving it! they couldnt believe all of it was for them. the pinata situation was brutal. you cannot believe what those kids would do for candy. e.i. hey boy! stop bitting that girl! its just one candy! lol.

while we were giving out the cake and jellow, we were saying happy dia del nino and God bless you. It was soooo awesome! sooo awesome to see their faces shinning and their pop out when they'd see the cake, jellow and sweets.

Beautiful. during prayer, I spot a kid who was repeating what the pastor said with such seriousness, it was so encouraging to see this kid praying so passionately to a God who he didnt know existed before. but Im sure he can see it. I asked him Jose, who loves you? and with no hessitation he said God. then I asked him, who else? with no hessitation he said, you.








I dont know if these kids get the love they deserve from their families. but I know that when I ask other kids around my area, they say God, then, mom, dad as second choice. whether because of lack of knowledge, culture or really lack of love, I pray they can see us and take us as examples of how to love and be loved.

"let your light shine, and let Jesus shine through you"- Hillsong Kids.

No comments: